POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Jan 2013 03:25:01
Message: <web.50f663896f92e856c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"stevenvh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> BTW, the problem was that I forgot the #declare to start the assignment. (It's
> rather 1970s IMO, when you had to write "LET A = 1" in BASIC. Hope version 4
> gets rid of it.

Although there is talk of revamping POV-Ray's SDL code in the future, such
changes to what might be called POV's 'basic syntax structure' would cause chaos
with everyone's older scenes. Not to mention the mental shift that we older
users ('older' as in having worked with the program for a long time) would have
to go through, dumping well-established syntax for new constructs. It would be
like learning a whole new language. ;-)  Of course, time marches onward...