POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : focal blur only using HexGrid2Size? : Re: focal blur only using HexGrid2Size? Server Time
1 May 2024 20:33:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal blur only using HexGrid2Size?
From: John
Date: 10 Jan 2013 15:15:01
Message: <web.50ef2042283518e4443c81420@news.povray.org>
I like the suggestion that maybe I'm only looking at the inner 7, but shouldn't
I be able to find an out-of-focus that also reveals the 19 and 37? I can see the
square at blur_samples 4, for example.

Out of focus is the idea: in my original code I'm looking at a parabolic mirror
with a secondary mirror obstruction, and I get the rings (donuts) you'd see in a
real reflecting telescope that is out of focus. But as I de-focus, the ring
separates into 6 blobs, not 19, and not 37, no matter how I set blur_samples,
focal point, distance, and size of my sphere.