POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera : Re: An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera Server Time
24 Jun 2024 09:08:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An idea about plant growth with a L-System and the mesh-camera
From: MichaelJF
Date: 9 Jan 2013 16:20:00
Message: <web.50eddedf79737bf532256c560@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > "MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> >> BTW The mesh-cam is a very useful and mighty approvement to POV. Why are Jaime
> >> and I the only users here to play around with it?
> >
> > Probably because I can't make heads or tails of what it even means.
> >

>   It means that you can use a mesh surface as a viewing port, or
> something like that... to make a gross analogy, think on a point light
> and a emitting surface: now replace the light rays for camera rays and
> you got it. :)
>
> --
> Jaime

Yes, I interpret the mesh cam (distribution type 3) in a way like looking
through the "eyes of an object". What can be seen from the surface of an object
(the mesh the mesh camera represents)? Is there light or is there darkness? My
idea here was then, what can a sprout see, where is the most light and then grow
in this direction. So far I have only a meta program for the "animation" feature
of pov to yield results here. And I'm confident that it will work. But first I
will go for the next entry at Tina-Chep, I hope you can forgive me. As soon as I
have results to this isuue here, I will post them.

Best regards,
Michael