POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Building Koppi's Bullet Physics Playground in Windows : Re: Building Koppi's Bullet Physics Playground in Windows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building Koppi's Bullet Physics Playground in Windows
From: Koppi
Date: 5 Jan 2013 17:25:00
Message: <web.50e8a7f331ab50f1c1c11d750@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Koppi" <jak### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > which one of them? mingw version or vs version?
> >
> > The win32 build of BPP was only tested with the mingw version of Qt4 so far
>
> Thanks, I am taking great pains to leave now.

B., just updated the Wiki with the Qt 4.8.4 version info -- seems that Qt4 was
in a flux lately:

* https://github.com/koppi/bullet-physics-playground/wiki/Build-on-Windows

> I hope to don't bother anyone if I send any other questions privately (it is not
> mandatory to respond).

Not a problem. Feel free to ask me privately.

> Anyway I venture to suggest that in the tutorial to compile under Windows the
> following should be added:
>    *Preinstall of Mingw and MS Visual C + + and their folder routes added to the
> PATH system variable .

Thx for the pointer. Don't know if MS Visual C++ is required, thow -- if I
remember correctly, there was the ml.exe (Microsoft Linker) needed as a build
step for bjam.exe?

> Now I'm torturing google to clarify me why bjam.exe not a valid Win32
> application and if it is plausible that it is because I created a file with 0
> bytes length.

Just uploaded a BPP installer for Windows.

Call it version 0.0.1 of BPP. You can download the installer at:

* http://db.koppi.me/sw/bpp-0.0.1-win32.exe

But please be aware, that BPP and especially the Windows build is totally
untested and 100% alpha..

Koppi