POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues : Re: Copyright issues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright issues
From: MichaelJF
Date: 25 Dec 2012 13:45:00
Message: <web.50d9f2fb779e10034f56467a0@news.povray.org>
On 25-12-2012 4:21, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> And.. hair color is worse how than the very common practice in parts of
> the world where they do that if its a girl? Yeah, most of us are likely
> to see it as crossing a line. But, like with so much other such things,
> I would bet my next paycheck that the first asshole using such a model
> would be some Biblical literalist, who didn't want their kid to be left
> handed, or something (because its like, of the devil, etc.)

I wouldn't have put it such explicitely but even an ultrasonic investigation can
yield "unwanted" results. I was more concerned about recent discussions here in
Germany about preimplantation genetic diagnosis. And yes I'm of the devil
myself, having my mouse at the left side of the keyboard...

> Didn't I, a few posts back, also, point out that that whole part of the
> Bible isn't even true, at all? Mind, not that a literalist would much
> care, but seriously.. reality doesn't give a shit if you think something
> happened that never did.

Sorry, I cannot follow all discussions here. But yes, the bible is a very old
tale and a lot of it cannot be true. But are we not reading fantasy novels? I
really prefer Raymond E. Feist.

But I think, we are getting really OT now and should use an new thread in the OT
section to discuss this issues.

Best regards,
Michael