POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues : Re: Copyright issues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright issues
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Dec 2012 07:35:00
Message: <web.50d84ad3779e10037ca8ea7b0@news.povray.org>
> PS I am afraid we are slowly drifting into the OT region now. However,
> going back to POV-Ray, what about modelling of Eifel Tower or Atomium?

Yes, from the beginning of this discussion I was not sure if it wouldn't have
been better placed into the OT section. As for the German wikipedia, where the
article about the freedom of panorama is a little bit longer than the English
version, modelling of the Eiffel Tower without the laser installation should be
possible, since the copyright is expired. The Atomium is copyrighted by SABAM,
an Belgian association of authors, publishers and other artists. This is stated
explicitely in the German wikipedia.

Best regards,
Michael