POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues : Re: Copyright issues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright issues
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Dec 2012 03:10:03
Message: <web.50d80d81779e100362fd24720@news.povray.org>

> I don't know, but this sounds to me as if some vulture lawyers are
> trying out the concept and see where it gets them to get in buckets full
> of money. While probably legal (you can always try, no? while there is
> no precedence) it is totally immoral of course and tells more about the
> said lawyers' professional moral standing than anything else.
>
> Thomas

The wikipedia solves the riddle with the named buildings and yes the Atomium at
Brussels was one of the objects, I had forgotten. Look for "Freedom of panorama"
in the English wikipedia.

For the practices of this vulture lawers look for the German (!) word
"Abmahnung" within the same source.

Sometimes an answer is closer at hand, as expected.

Best regards,
Michael