POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues : Copyright issues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright issues
From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Dec 2012 14:10:01
Message: <web.50d4b2e291c5b9bfde79cb9f0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

some weeks ago I learned that depicting certain public buildings is not allowed
due to copyright issues. One cannot depict the Eiffel-tower with his laserlights
since they are copyrighted to the artist who created the lights. Even the
depicting of the Sidney opera, or of the Statue of Liberty, New York, should be
forbidden. I can not really believe this, since we have the "Freedom of
panorama". But I'm no lawyer. What do you know or think of this?

Best regards,
Michael