POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : undersea adventure -- animation WIP : Re: undersea adventure -- animation WIP Server Time
29 Apr 2024 10:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: undersea adventure -- animation WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Dec 2012 14:20:00
Message: <web.50cccc76dd47988ac2d977c20@news.povray.org>
> ...the only thing that struck me as odd was the
> distribution of the long thin blades standing all isolated on
> their own.

Yeah, I agree. It's the typical look of a simple rand() placement of individual
blades. Also, those grass blades are starting to look way too simplistic to my
eyes. I'm toying with the idea of changing them into more complex undersea
plants of some kind, that undulate along their lengths based on the local
'water' movement surrounding them. (Perhaps by using a spline shape in a
#macro.) *That* should be a challenge!