POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) : Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7)
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Dec 2012 20:40:00
Message: <web.50bea4baf8006e78c2d977c20@news.povray.org>

> 2. Create a two-frame animation
> a. First frame dummy with 1 object to force the problem
> b. Second frame with the same number of objects N as the test frame.

Ah, a clever little experiment. I'll try it later and report back...

> ...Instead you are simply observing that, without
> bounding, render time is very high when object count is high.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I assumed that a 'normal' slowdown would just be the
(miniscule) accumulation of the 900-byte-per-sphere memory increases per frame,
irrespective of Bounding working or not.  Didn't realize how *important*
Bounding is to a faster render!