POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) : Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:36:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7)
From: Sereib
Date: 4 Dec 2012 12:00:01
Message: <web.50be2bcff8006e78fee2bcbd0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

in my animation, the number of objects kept absolutely constant from the first
to the final frame: Approx. 1 million rocks orbiting a planet. The thing which
changed (beside the position of the rocks) is the nature of the rocks: A certain
fraction (those far away from the camera location) are just spheres, while the
rocks closer to the camera are isosurfaces. Since the camera comes closer and
closer to the planet, the fraction of rocks consisting of isosurfaces increases
by the same number the fraction of spheres decreases.

Maybe this help?

When I've some more time, I try to check how far I can simplify the scene but
still observe the memory leak, I'll let you know!