POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) : Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7)
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Dec 2012 15:05:01
Message: <web.50bbb316f8006e78c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
"Sereib" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I found some topics, but no useful answer in this forum:
> When making animations, the memory consumption increases from frame to frame.
> However, this does not happen for all scenes, but I still could not find the
> element or setting in/of a scene which causes this problem.
>
> Any idea?
>
> The only solution seems to be to stop rendering after a certain number of
> frames, and restart Pov-Ray again and continue with the next set of frames.

I've also noticed this problem (or something similar) in v3.61 and 3.62. (In my
case, it was a slow-down of the rendering time per frame, during the animation.)
I don't know the cause, but try this trick (it works for me in v3.62): To start
your animation, set Subset_Start_Frame to 2 (not 1), and Subset_End_frame to
whatever. Then go back and render the missing frame 1. I would be curious to
know if this helps.

Ken