POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Make part of an object transparent : Make part of an object transparent Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Make part of an object transparent
From: Encore
Date: 7 Nov 2012 08:10:01
Message: <web.509a5ce37ca5486aeef78c9e0@news.povray.org>
Hi guys,

I am working on a project where I am trying to render an impossible cube. The
final stage is to animate it but initially, I would only like to see if I can
make a part of the cube invisible. The logic I'm following is that, every time
part of the cube skeleton is hidden by some other part of it that's in front,
make that part invisible so that the part on the back is still shown. this will
give the illusion of an impossible cube. Is there any way you could suggest I
can do this?
Thank you in advance.

Alex