POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : animation with 2-pass radiosity scenes : animation with 2-pass radiosity scenes Server Time
16 May 2024 19:36:42 EDT (-0400)
  animation with 2-pass radiosity scenes
From: Mark
Date: 31 Oct 2012 10:10:00
Message: <web.50913017786ab73561dd2cde0@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I know how to make a run of frames for animation, using the clock variable, etc.

The 3.7 beta has taken away the feature of being able to specify the filename
for saving the radiosity data, and actually saving it, from within the .pov file
itself. We must now do this in the .INI file. Ditto for loading radiosity data
in the second pass of each frame. For single scenes, this is not a problem, but
for multiple frames in an animation, how to you specify a filename that has the
frame number?  E.g frame00.rad, frame01.rad, frame02.rad, etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark.