POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Online documentation suggestion : Re: Online documentation suggestion Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Online documentation suggestion
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 30 Oct 2012 13:40:01
Message: <web.5090109c155297a0d97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 01:12 AM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have the stylesheet limit the width of the text blocks,
> > so that they don't stretch to the full screen width when the browser is
> > maximized?
>
> that would not allow to maintain the overall layout. I only had only so
> much real estate given the size of some of the images and in some places
> image panels and the menu to the left. when all is said and done the
> entire sha-bang in enclosed in a div that allows some resizing but
> maintains the integrity of the layout.
>

> > I ask because it is difficult for the eye to maintain track on where the next
> > line starts when tracking that far.  At least, for me it is - I tend to skip
> > over lines, or find myself back at the start of a line I just read.
> >
> > I don't know who, if anybody, is currently maintaining this, but I would find it
> > easier to read the documentation if the width of the p-tags had a max width
> > specified.  And maybe align: Justify.
>
> I already have the style attributes that govern text alignment:
>
> body {
>    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>    font-size: 8pt;
>    color: #000000;
>    text-align: justify;
>    background-color: white;
>    margin-top: 8px;
> }
>
> .TableStyle01 {
>    color: #000000;
>    background-color: #f0f4ff;
>    border: 1px solid;
>    margin-left: 20pt;
>    margin-right: 20pt;
>    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>    text-align: justify;
>    -moz-border-radius: 4px;
>    -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
>    border-radius: 4px;
> }
>
> p {
>    text-align: justify;
> }
>
> li {
>    text-align: justify;
> }
>

> > I don't mean to offend anybody.
>
> LOL ... ya didn't

couldn't you add to the rule for p like so:

p {
    text-align: justify;
    max-width: 600px;
}

or something similar?  I think max-width is css 3.0, but iirc it is supported by
the most popular browsers.

if you don't want all of your p tags to use the same rule, you could subclass
it.

p .docText {
    max-width: 600px;
}