POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the read-directive : Re: the read-directive Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:50:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the read-directive
From: MichaelJF
Date: 27 Oct 2012 16:15:01
Message: <web.508c4010399c00aae42cc50f0@news.povray.org>
"robert alzinger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Is it really necessary to #read from a text file and than to parse?

> read and write is very useful for transporting informations from one image to
> the next in an animated scenes like the marble machine
>

> But if you have more complex problems like transforming mashes. Use an external
> program. It is faster.

Yes and most likely more convenient, has more features and so on. But, you did
not read the whole thread here. If you will share code with the POV community it
is best to use POV itself and not a third party software like my SAS (Stastical
Analysis System, a very well known software by epidemiologists or pharmacists -
but not to others unfortunatelly) you have most likely never heard of.

Best regards,
Michael