POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : website bug (objects collection) : Re: website bug (objects collection) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: website bug (objects collection)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 25 Oct 2012 17:00:01
Message: <web.5089a7debfebf2ca85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> the following link should display as a web page, but I get raw html.
>
> http://lib.povray.org/collection/blockwall/chrisb%201.1.1/blockwall.html
>
> not sure if this is the case with all links of this type, or what...

It's the case with /all/ HTML documents.  The server software is serving them
with a MIME type of text/plain, and your browser displays them accordingly.  I
posted in p.o-c about this problem back in February, but there doesn't seem to
be anyone maintaining the collection.

I discovered that the documents display correctly in Internet Explorer (at least
through version 8), so the misconfiguration is probably unnoticed by most users.
 (Leave it to Micro$haft to get it right by accident.)