POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" : Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 25 Oct 2012 15:25:01
Message: <web.5089912888a00d61ab1580c40@news.povray.org>

>    For example, where is the smoke/vapor from the cars exhausts??
> Jaime

Wow - that one I didn't noticed before...

Are the reflections right for the (much to many) backlights of all the cars?
Where is rust or stains on cars, traffic lights an so on...
Look on the strange light behavior on the crysler building spire in
"http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=465&mode=info&section=2000&lang=en" or
the lack of rain in the atmosphere...

With a look at the poor hardware conditions ("final render took about 21 hours
on a Pentium II 350 Mhz") I get sentimental...

It "somewhat" reminds me on the black-white pictures of the moon landing I saw
back in 1969 where some people today don't believe the realitity behind.

Of course cheat is a distinct "possibility", but today a dozen of povers would
be able to replicate a similar motive in a convincing way Gilles Tran did (at
least I would place a bet on it).

Norbert