POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" : Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 25 Oct 2012 13:50:01
Message: <web.50897a9388a00d61ab1580c40@news.povray.org>
Urs Holzer <urs### [at] andonyarcom> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the entry "The Wet Bird" in the hall of fame
> (http://hof.povray.org/mouille.html), it is written "March-April 2001
> IRTC Winner". The correct date is March-April 2000 (see
> http://www.irtc.org/stills/2000-04-30.html)
>
> Anyway, it is one of the best pictures I have ever seen, be it raytraced
> or not.

Yes, it is raytraced for sure!!! ;-)

There are too much convincing hints on his website
(http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=464&mode=info&section=2000&lang=en). I
can even remember a former version, where Gilles posted the way he managed the
fog between the near and distant buildings...

And of course the date should be corrected to 2000 (by the way, who is
responsible for that?)

Norbert