POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering 3D mesh : Re: Rendering 3D mesh Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:41:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering 3D mesh
From: Vincent
Date: 18 Oct 2012 04:45:00
Message: <web.507fc1041e176d5097c1fbff0@news.povray.org>
> On 18-10-2012 1:39, Vincent wrote:
> > I used the Poseray, it dosn't give a preview (I recived and error about FLOATING
> > NUMBER...).
> > Something is wrong but i don't know what is it.
>
> Hint: If Poseray does not show a preview and gives an error, I am afraid
> something is wrong with some of the triangles somewhere...
>
> Try what Christian suggests and see where that gets you.
>
> Thomas

It's crazy (the mesh)!
I tried the Chrisitan suggestion, but nothing happened, at least not a something
obvious, in some cases I lost the scene.
and I don't think that there would be something wrong with triangles (though I
prefer this one)becuase the STL file is generated by a 3D modeller software.
But interestingly, when i check the scene statisitics, my object has been
recognized as an INFINITE object not a FINITE object, dose it seems rational????
By the way, many thanks for suggestions guys so far.
If I find the solution will inform you.