POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with Blobs : Re: Help with Blobs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with Blobs
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Oct 2012 03:30:01
Message: <web.507bbaad2980527c5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 13/10/2012 2:51 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> > ....and for the sand inside, you can use sor too.
> The glass will be lying on its side, so we will see.

That's ok - make a complete inner sor (or lathe), then intersect it with a 'sand
level' plane to get sand sitting along the inside.

> > (lathe is another option)
> Probably a better one as it uses splines.

I often use Inkscape for making POV-Ray lathes - it can export the splines in
..pov format.

Better yet, having seen everyone's excellent physics simulations recently,
create the hourglass in Blender, add 10^12 sand grains, run your simulation, and
export the resulting gajillion GB of transformation data to POV-Ray! ;-)

Bill