POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RenderFarm solutions for PovRay : Re: RenderFarm solutions for PovRay Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RenderFarm solutions for PovRay
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 9 Oct 2012 03:50:01
Message: <web.5073d586578497cdd97ee2b90@news.povray.org>
"MrDavidN" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> What solutions do you guys use to render your Povray animations?
> I see there are render farms you can rent by the core/hour.
>
> Is there a peer 2 peer solution?  IMP seems to be offline.
>
> Any ideas??

Generally, I just resign myself to leaving my computer on for a long time.
Keeping in mind that I've never rendered anything terribly long...

There was, at one point, if memory serves, a distributed network solution - a
quick search gives several results including HTTPov, which seems to be defunct
as the website is gone, but it also seems to be available on github.

Another distributed solution is PVMPov which is available from Sourceforge...

And this link http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~wrooney/present/povclust.html

tells you how to set up your own Beowulf Cluster (might be kinda old... it seems
to have been designed for v. 3.1 but might still work with modifications)

other than that, I have no idea.

Regards,
A.D.B.

p.s. - seeing as how the server seems to be gone, it might be a good idea to
remove the link to HTTPov from the news page.