POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera : Re: Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera Server Time
17 May 2024 04:00:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baking dirt maps with the mesh camera
From: MichaelJF
Date: 2 Sep 2012 14:05:00
Message: <web.50439f4e75313461c4d3cefc0@news.povray.org>
> On 26-7-2012 10:26, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> > On 25/07/12 13:03, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >> goes far beyond any proximity pattern coding I believe.
> >
> > Well, at least is faster and can be reused with no cost, but it only
> > works for uv-mapped meshes...
> >

> Right. That would not be a problem for me. Does the AO map correspond to
> the uv maps? That looks quite complex.
>
> Thomas

As I understand it so far, POV is scanning the uv-map, determines whether there
is a corresponding point in the mesh, shoots a ray from that point, if it
exists, at the mesh (here slightly above the mesh in the negative direction of
the normal) and stores the result at the point gained from the uv-map. May be
I'm completely wrong with that, but I think that this is it, what distribution 3
does.

Best regards,
Michael