POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Palette Register : Re: Image Palette Register Server Time
1 May 2024 05:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Palette Register
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 29 Aug 2012 10:35:01
Message: <web.503e27d979a677c4bf952ed30@news.povray.org>
> I usually use 'irfanview' (http://www.irfanview.com/) for such tasks, but it is
> limited in that you can only get the register from a list of displayed colors.
> You cannot use a dropper tool on the image itself to obtain the color register
> for a particular pixel.

You could just use irfanview to crop the image down to the single pixel that you
are interested in and then extract the color register. How do you get the
register information from Irfanview anyway? I didn't find the fuction. Are you
using Irfanview from the command line? ... Gimp is definately a good suggestion.
But if you need to script this you could also have a look at "Imagemagick".