POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finite Light Source : Re: Finite Light Source Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finite Light Source
From: Sereib
Date: 15 Aug 2012 08:50:01
Message: <web.502b9ac87fc45c71d361cc930@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Thank you! I hoped that there would be such a feature in the existing POV-Ray
version, since it would be rather easy to implement and very useful for certain
scenes. I have no idea nor experience how to build my own version with these
changes, sorry ...

In my special scene, using light-groups is not an option. The scene (a
collection of interconnected neurons) consists on one single blob object
containing millions of spheres, no chance to split this into many blob objects
since the transition between two blob objects is not smooth any more as it
should be, so I have to keep it as single object. Additionally, the blob object
already exists, so I would have to edit the 200 MB big include file ...