POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange halo on reflections : Re: Strange halo on reflections Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:35:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange halo on reflections
From: Crippso
Date: 13 Jul 2012 12:25:00
Message: <web.50004bb358f7bdbc130037650@news.povray.org>
I tried to use media but cant get it to work properly. Still when my xscan
paramter = 4 the reflection is too bright, it should be much weaker than when
xscan = 3. Here is how i modified the absorber object. The only other change I
made was to the photons global setting where i added "media 100". Am i doing
something wrong?

object{

box
{
   <-extent,-extent,t_st> <extent,extent,t_st+t_abs>
   hollow
   pigment{rgbt 1}
   finish
   {
     reflection{0,1 fresnel}
     conserve_energy
   }

   interior{ior cmt_ior fade_distance cmt_abs fade_power 1000
       media{
        absorption <1,1,1>
        intervals 3
        samples 1,1         }