POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange halo on reflections : Strange halo on reflections Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:45:00 EDT (-0400)
  Strange halo on reflections
From: Crippso
Date: 5 Jul 2012 19:05:00
Message: <web.4ff61c88ed9383ae130037650@news.povray.org>
Hi povray people,

in my code below i have camera looking at a diffuse disc. A second disc with
specular reflectance is used to reflect light onto the diffuse disc. When I run
this I get a strange halo around a central bright spot. If I remove the second
disc and point the light direct at my diffuse screen I get a simple spot in the
image with no halo. Any thoughts on what might be causing the halo, and if it
can be removed?

thanks for your help
stu

global_settings
{
   assumed_gamma 1

  photons{count    100000000 max_trace_level 20 adc_bailout 1e-11 jitter 0
gather 500,1000}

}

#macro PhotonTarget(Reflect, Refract, IgnorePhotons)
 photons {
  target
  reflection Reflect
  refraction Refract
  #if(IgnorePhotons=no) collect off #end
 }
#end

//point light at 0,0,0 or at 0,0,-50
light_source{<0,0,-20>, 1 cylinder radius 1 falloff 1 tightness 0 point_at
<0,0,0>}

camera
{
   orthographic
   location <0,0,-20>
   angle 40
   look_at  <0,0,-50>
}
//delete this disc and point light at 0,0,-50 for simple case
disc
{
   <0,0,0> <0,0,1> 50
   pigment{rgb 1}