POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ? : Re: crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ?
From: mone
Date: 27 May 2012 22:50:01
Message: <web.4fc2e7902aff7d1c5f561ae80@news.povray.org>
Slime <pov### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:
> > I tried different scales so far, it's a little difficult, 1e-8 is
> still too
>  > strong, 1e-9 gives strange results with the lighting and with 1e-10
> the pattern
>  > is not visible.
>
> The scale of the normal won't affect its strength. Put a number
> immediately after the "granite" keyword to scale down its strength:
>
> normal
> {
>      granite 0.1
>      // ... scale, etc ...
> }

Yes, thanks you. But it wasn't good with a normal because the normal pattern
doesn't show up in dark areas.
So I put it in pigment pattern instead, which did not work either.

But finally I used POV 3.6 again with "crand". (I thought I could get used to
POV 3.7 but it seems to be too different from older versions for my purposes.)

Best wishes

Simone