POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ? : crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 19:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  crand in Pov-Ray 3.7 ?
From: mone
Date: 19 May 2012 18:45:01
Message: <web.4fb822208ba377448aa4293a0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Sometimes I want meshes too look a little more rough and get rid of some banding
artifacts. So I used to put "crand" in my finish statements in this case. But if
I use crand in Version 3.7 it has no effect anymore. Maybe it does not work in
3.7 because it was considered obsolete and taken out?

I've already tried small normals with bumps to get a similar effect as with
crand, but somehow it didn't look good, because they were distorted on some
parts of the mesh and not visible in very dark and light areas.

Can anyone tell me what I could use instead of crand in Version 3.7?

Best wishes

Simone