POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Adding texture maps -> 3D models : Adding texture maps -> 3D models Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Adding texture maps -> 3D models
From: Lonewolf10
Date: 19 May 2012 17:15:01
Message: <web.4fb80c641c3517b8e1a4ae100@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have modelled a few things in Wings 3D, but for my first POV-Ray rendering
using polygon models I have 2 cubes which I am trying to add some texture maps
to.
Everything works ok in Wings 3D (version 1.4.1)and I believe I have moved the
texture maps into the correct place using the scale and translate commands, but
I am having trouble getting the colours on the texture map to work properly in
POV-Ray (version 3.6.2).

All necessary files can be found here:

http://www.aliensrcooluk.com/public/POVray/TEST_UV_Texture.pov
http://www.aliensrcooluk.com/public/POVray/cube2_auv.bmp.png
http://www.aliensrcooluk.com/public/POVray/cube3_auv.bmp.png

Can some please point out to me what I am doing wrong? Oh, ignore the wierd
naming of the files... they were originally bitmap images which I converted to
PNG format. I still have the bitmap files (.BMP), but they behave exactly the
same as the PNG ones.

I spent the last few weeks working through the POV-Ray manual and am impressed
with what can be done within POV-Ray, so I really hope someone can help me solve
the problem. (NB: I am not concerned with the issues regarding lighting right
now, I just want the texture map (the dog and text) to be coloured the same as
in the png files)

Regards,
Lonewolf10