POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation : Re: Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Downloading the FULL POV-Ray documentation
From: bluestar
Date: 25 Apr 2012 15:50:01
Message: <web.4f98550b75b34a5049e76de0@news.povray.org>

comment)

I have combed through both the online documentation and the downloadable
documentation and have found the following:

The download documentation produces two pdf files
tutorial-us.pdf
reference-us.pdf

I checked a dozen or so paragraphs and they were verbatim.
However, the numbering system is different.

I checked a dozen or so paragraphs and they were verbatim.
However, the numbering system is different.

extra number when compared to the downloadable version, ie,

I found no downloadable documentation for a  platform specific install.

to be included in the main install POV-Ray download file for each specific

bit version for windows. If not there then it would be nice to be available for
download.

Hopefully, the tone of this note is not negative because that was not the
intent. The more I work with POV-Ray I am just amazed by the images it produces
and by the depth of capability available within this wonderful program. A
special thanks for all of those who have made it happen and those who continue
to improve on this fantastic program!