POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : issues with transmit parameter : issues with transmit parameter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  issues with transmit parameter
From: JolanYD
Date: 21 Apr 2012 13:55:00
Message: <web.4f92f364b28e974d19d56a5a0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have a problem with transparency while rendering. To make it simple I've made
an example to explain it. The scene consists of 3 cubes of different size,
placed one in another. The problem here is that if I put all the transmit
parameter to 1 with a white background; we should see only a completely white
picture. Here it's not the case, the last cube (the smallest and the one
surrounded by the 2 others) appears black. I don't know if a parameter is
missing in my code,... Here is the code:

#include "colors.inc"
#declare amb = 1;
#declare dif = 0;
#declare ref = 0.001;
camera {
    location <45,45,45>
    look_at 0
    angle 30
  }
  background { color White}

box
    {
      <10,10,10>, <-10,-10,-10>
        texture {
        pigment{color White transmit 1}
        finish { ambient amb diffuse dif reflection ref }
        }
    }

box
    {
      <6,6,6>, <-6,-6,-6>
        texture {
        pigment{color White transmit 1}
        finish { ambient amb diffuse dif reflection ref }
        }
    }

box
    {
        texture {
        pigment{color White transmit 1}
        finish { ambient amb diffuse dif reflection ref }
        }

    }
The version I use is the 3.6.
So if someone can help me! :D