POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns : Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with macro(s) for simulating weather patterns
From: D103
Date: 21 Apr 2012 06:55:00
Message: <web.4f92910ed5742bdd5ae2687f0@news.povray.org>
Thanks very largely to the help I have received here (and thank you all _very_
much for it), I have got stage one of the simulation into developement. The sim
can be fed large scale images and convert them into a text file filled with
numbers.

Somewhere however, there is a bug in the coding which causes all the numbers in
the generated file to be the same. :(

Following is the snippet with all the relevant code. (Is code the right word?)

/*Image Import/Export
Section--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//eval_pigment copied from "functions.inc" to reduce parse overhead time

#macro eval_pigment(pigm, vec)
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

#declare ColImg = pigment {
  image_map {
    jpeg ".jpg"//image name deleted for security ;)
  }
}

#declare ImgTraceObj = plane {
  -z, 0
  pigment {
    ColImg
  }
}

#declare Res = max_extent(ColImg);

#debug concat("Resolution of image is ", vstr(2, Res, ",", 0, 0), ".\n")

#fopen TmpImg "ImgColArray.txt" write

#declare Xres = Res.x;
#declare Yres = Res.y;

#declare XCount = 0;

#write(TmpImg, "array[", Xres, "] [", Yres, "] {\n")

#while(XCount<Xres)
  #declare YCount = 0;
  #write(TmpImg, "  {")
  #while(YCount<Yres)
    #declare TmpCol = eval_pigment(ColImg, <XCount, YCount, 0>);
    #write(TmpImg, " ", vstr(3, TmpCol, ",", 0, 5), ", ")
    #declare YCount=YCount+1;
  #end
  #write(TmpImg, " }\n")
  #declare XCount=XCount+1;
#end

#write(TmpImg, "}")

I haven't had time to go through it and debug & search the docs myself, I
finished it in a hurry, and on top of that, I'm getting ready for return to
studies, as well as possibly starting a new job. :(

Regards
D103