POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fresnel reflection from multi-layers : Fresnel reflection from multi-layers Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:42:31 EDT (-0400)
  Fresnel reflection from multi-layers
From: Crippso
Date: 10 Apr 2012 11:10:01
Message: <web.4f844cf1d1d24e6b60b91f590@news.povray.org>
Hi all

thanks for the help so far with Fresnel reflection and Photons. I have got some
accurate results for some simple tests.

I am trying now to get Povray to calculate the reflectance from a stack of two
materials stuck together with no air gap between them. One material has ior =
3.2, the other ior=1.5. Using Fresnel equations I estimate reflectance of this
structure to be ~36%.

Can povray handle fresnel reflection from this sort of structure, and if so, how
is it best to describe the two layers (I have tried union & merge but both do
not seem to give the results I expected).

Thanks
Stu