POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : povray with moray using win7 : Re: povray with moray using win7 Server Time
3 May 2024 18:44:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray with moray using win7
From: peter puzzelaar
Date: 8 Apr 2012 08:50:01
Message: <web.4f8188f29ffdc0e547437ba70@news.povray.org>
> On 8-4-2012 1:11, Stephen wrote:
> > On 07/04/2012 10:03 PM, peter puzzelaar wrote:
> >> Hope that this input is of some help
> >
> > I have a vague feeling that I have had a similar problem. In Pov3.5 can
> > you go into the Tools menu and open Povray.ini and pvengin.ini?
> >
> > Otherwise, unless someone else can suggest a more direct method.
> > I would uninstall all versions of PovRay and Moray.
> > Install Pov 3.5 then install Moray and let Moray do its thing to connect
> > to Pov 3.5.

> > still does not work you might have to clean up the registry.
> >
> > After you get Moray and PovRay talking and rendering you can re-install
> > Pov 3.6 and 3.7 if you want.
> >

> Since my switch to Windows 7 I have not reinstalled Moray or POV-Ray
> 3.5, so I may not be of greathelp here. However, I noted down long ago
> something you can do when Moray refuses to render in POV 3.5:
>
> Go to moray.ini and change the line:
>
> Histogram_type=X
>
> into:
>
> Histogram_type=None
>
> Maybe that helps?
>
> Thomas

Did search in moray.ini
:
excerpt is here below:
As you can see: Histogram_type=NONE was already set.

Thanks for helping,... appreciated! regards Peter.

[PreviewObjects]
; This section contains a list of all objects that the Texture editor
; knows about as a preview object. You can add your own objects by adding
; the name here, and then writing a #declare of this object into the
; PREVUSCN.POV file, with the string 'Preview' prepended to it. To add
; an object called MyObj, add MyObj to the list and write a declared
; object called PreviewMyObj into the PREVUSCN.POV file.
Sphere
Cube
Cylinder
Plane