POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : povray with moray using win7 : Re: povray with moray using win7 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray with moray using win7
From: peter puzzelaar
Date: 7 Apr 2012 17:05:01
Message: <web.4f80abbc9ffdc0e547437ba70@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 6:00 PM, peter puzzelaar wrote:
> > But on another PC with also povray 3.5 and win7 it
> > also fails.
> > Rendering ANY povray file fails (hanging).
>
> I just checked my copy of Moray on Win 7 64 bit and it renders just
> fine. But I notice that Moray is run in Windows 95 compatibility mode
> with visual themes disabled.
> Does Moray start up PovRay 3.5
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Response to Stephen...

Moray is able to start up moray 3.7. But then a window shows up telling that
Moray  cannot startup Povray, and that Povray should be starty manually first
and then try again.

When Povray 3.5 is installed, I can startup Povray 3.5. But cannot render ANY
file (from within Povray itself...!), Before rendering commences, a few comment
lines appear in the status line at bottom of screen; but before any output is
generated, povray hangs.

I just gave Moray Administrator Rights (as i read on one of the threads on this
site, that that might help). However that also did not improve.

Hope that this input is of some help

Best regards,

Peter