POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Test of RC5 Windows installer : Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:01:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer
From: Mika L
Date: 15 Mar 2012 11:00:01
Message: <web.4f620376a0f59aa499ed429f0@news.povray.org>
> Mika L wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with registering .pov-files to the right POV-Ray application.
> > Namely, when I double-click on a .pov-file, it opens in the 32-bit POV-Ray
> > application (pvengine.exe).
>
> I now tried this too and found that in my case, the POV files
> were still associated with my 3.6 installation. Associating it
> with pvengine64.exe did not work, associating it with pvengine.exe
> worked but connect to the render command instead of open (???).
>
> The command under
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\povfile\shell\Open\command
>
> appeared to be correct. After deleting

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pov\UserChoice

> everything worked fine (Windows 7 x64). So possibly Windows got confused
> with an earlier manual association, but the behavior was still strange.

I fixed the path in the command under

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\povfile\shell\Open\command

but I cannot delete the entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pov\UserChoice

I can edit this entry, but what should I write in it?

My computer also executes the Render command in pvengine.exe by double-clicking
on a .pov-file.

-Mika