POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Test of RC5 Windows installer : Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer Server Time
21 May 2024 13:03:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test of RC5 Windows installer
From: Mika L
Date: 14 Mar 2012 17:20:00
Message: <web.4f610a6fa0f59aa499ed429f0@news.povray.org>
> Folks,
>
> I would appreciate it if some of you could sanity-check the RC5
> windows installer, which may be found here:
>
>   http://www.povray.org/beta/povwin-3.7.RC5-setup.exe
>
> Please advise if you have any installation issues.
>
> -- Chris

Hello,

I have a problem with registering .pov-files to the right POV-Ray application.
Namely, when I double-click on a .pov-file, it opens in the 32-bit POV-Ray
application (pvengine.exe). My operating system is Windows 7 Home premium
64-bit. I cannot change that association to the 64-bit application
(pvengine64.exe) because my Windows doesn't accept opening the file in that when
I use the command "Open with..". Only pvengine.exe becomes an application in the
list of suitable applications.

I can drag and drop .pov-files to the editor if it's already open, but not if
only the Messages-tab is open.

RC4 registered the file types correctly. I uninstalled that before installing
RC5.

-Mika