POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Change color based on number and color_map : Change color based on number and color_map Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Change color based on number and color_map
From: worldbuilder
Date: 9 Mar 2012 15:50:01
Message: <web.4f5a6ce8fe198feb8f6b920@news.povray.org>
I have a variable that can be set to a temperature and I am trying to get it to
control the color. My current setup is to use a color_map to get the range of
color needed, then map a pattern to that gradient. The only problem is that I
can't use color_map with a solid color, and if I try first mapping some bozo to
a gray value determined by STemperature and then to my color_map it maps the
temp gradient directly to the noise, bypassing the effort to make it one solid
color.