POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Smooth CSG : Re: Smooth CSG Server Time
30 Apr 2024 09:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth CSG
From: Tek
Date: 8 Mar 2012 11:20:01
Message: <web.4f58db8d658baef3a4faf9d60@news.povray.org>
"JimT" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> > A collection of macros for creating smooth CSG objects using isosurfaces.
> > Includes example files (including the images I've posted in p.b.i).
> >
> > --
> > Tek
> > http://evilsuperbrain.com
>
> Thanks for the files. They will be a serious modelling aid.
>
> I had some fun though. WinZip and the Windows extraction command just gave an
> error (not an archive or a damaged archive). I downloaded jZip (hope it isn't
> Malware, even if my virus software let it through) and this produced a file
> without an extension from your smooth_csg.zip.
>
> I then put .zip on this file and the Windows extraction command worked. I guess
> WinZip would have also.
>
> Then I had to download beta 3.7 RC4, but I now have a PC that runs 2 cores flat
> out at 100% and, of course, a variable speed fan that sounds like a vaccuum
> cleaner. The example took 25 minutes to render. Maybe I need more than 2 cores!
>
> Thanks again.

That's strange, I just downloaded it and Windows handles it just fine. I created
the file using 7zip (which is the best zip program, and not malware) but it
opens fine with everything else I've got.

Maybe your newsgroup reader doesn't like zip attachments? You could try it using
the web interface:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4f564c38fa81888da4faf9d60%40news.povray.org%3E/