POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Smooth CSG : Re: Smooth CSG Server Time
30 Apr 2024 08:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth CSG
From: JimT
Date: 8 Mar 2012 10:05:01
Message: <web.4f58c9b1658baef3be7517870@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> A collection of macros for creating smooth CSG objects using isosurfaces.
> Includes example files (including the images I've posted in p.b.i).
>
> --
> Tek
> http://evilsuperbrain.com

Thanks for the files. They will be a serious modelling aid.

I had some fun though. WinZip and the Windows extraction command just gave an
error (not an archive or a damaged archive). I downloaded jZip (hope it isn't
Malware, even if my virus software let it through) and this produced a file
without an extension from your smooth_csg.zip.

I then put .zip on this file and the Windows extraction command worked. I guess
WinZip would have also.

Then I had to download beta 3.7 RC4, but I now have a PC that runs 2 cores flat
out at 100% and, of course, a variable speed fan that sounds like a vaccuum
cleaner. The example took 25 minutes to render. Maybe I need more than 2 cores!

Thanks again.