POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gamma Settings : Re: Gamma Settings Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:03:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma Settings
From: JamesB7271
Date: 6 Mar 2012 21:05:00
Message: <web.4f56c156e3adea41345179960@news.povray.org>
> >    It becomes a bit more problematic when you are not defining the colors
> > yourself, but are using a pre-defined texture (eg. from an include file).
> > Now, I don't remember if something was added to POV-Ray 3.7 to "convert"
> > such a pre-defined texture into 'srgb' on the fly.

Ok, well in looking at all the include files from the folder
"POV-Ray\v3.7\include" (stones1, stones2, textures, colors, etc) they all say
they're for version 3.5. Are they the wrong ones to be using with 3.7?

> No, indeed not. I guess the proper solution there is to overhaul the
> standard include files to use "srgb" throughout.

So are you saying I should do a Find and Replace for everything "rgb" and
replace with "srgb" in these include files? Actually, most of the "rgb"
statements are "rgbt". whatever that means..