POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gamma Settings : Gamma Settings Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma Settings
From: JamesB7271
Date: 29 Feb 2012 22:15:00
Message: <web.4f4ee94b37a403b5345179960@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am new to POV-Ray and have just upgraded from POV-Ray 6 to POV-Ray 7. I notice
now that all my renders seem too bright. As an extreme example: if I render a
simple sphere over a flat plane in a scene that has no light sources, I can
clearly see both the sphere and the plane (although somewhat dimmed). With
version 6 I believe a scene with no light sources would render completely black,
which I think is correct for a scene with no lights. <-(is this a correct
assumption?)

I read that there were some changes made to Gamma settings in version 7? How do
I get it back to normal?

Thanks!
-James