POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Differences in calculations Windows-Linux : Differences in calculations Windows-Linux Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:50:32 EDT (-0400)
  Differences in calculations Windows-Linux
From: Jos leys
Date: 14 Feb 2012 14:55:01
Message: <web.4f3abad3bcf87cc327a3e1de0@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a large animation project.
One of the scenes has a large number of spheres that move and collide.
The positions and velocity vectors are written to a file in each frame to be
read by the next frame.

The same file produces a different constellation of the spheres after a few
hundred frames in Linux as compared to the same under Windows.

Is there a logical explanation? If one of the two uses one decimal more for
storing the intermediate situations, then I can well believe that the situations
become very different.