POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : importing VRML files from SOLIDWORKS : importing VRML files from SOLIDWORKS Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  importing VRML files from SOLIDWORKS
From: danbo
Date: 1 Feb 2012 09:15:00
Message: <web.4f2948844ce42ca7e3fe5e980@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I import VRML files from SOLIDWORKS 2011 (SW2011)to compose some pieces of my
pictures with PovRay.
I convert the VRML files coming from SW2011 to pov files.
But, when I put the textures in my code, these elements remain white.

Looking at the VRML files, I don't see any problem.

So, when I render, only the parts coming from VRML files remain white.

Is there a way to apply POV textures on them as if there were POV code parts ?

Or, have I to make some special manipulations in SW2011 to make the VRML files
really usefull in POVRAY ?

koo### [at] freefr is better