POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to make circular arrow with gap b/w head&tail : how to make circular arrow with gap b/w head&tail Server Time
28 Jun 2024 20:43:13 EDT (-0400)
  how to make circular arrow with gap b/w head&tail
From: Marina
Date: 3 Jan 2012 15:00:01
Message: <web.4f035d2b8c7cccf99ab719e60@news.povray.org>
I am trying to create the symbol to show circular polarization for a physics
diagram so I need an arrow in the shape of a circle. However, the only way I can
currently do it is to just make a circle and add a cone in one section... what I
want is a slight gap between the head and tail of the arrow so it's not all just
one continuous object. I haven't figured out how to use the features of POV-Ray
that let you 'take away' from objects. Could anyone show me what the easiest way
to go about this would be? At least point me in the right direction? I'd really
appreciate it.
Thanks! :)