POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering extremely large images : rendering extremely large images Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  rendering extremely large images
From: Andy
Date: 2 Jan 2012 22:10:00
Message: <web.4f02717b463ffc43676ca6760@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have a large, detailed kaleidoscopic scene I would like to render large enough
to print out and fill an entire wall of my apartment at 150 DPI at least.  This
means I would be working with at least 18000x18000 images, so I am trying to
break up the output into chunks and use a batch file.  Start_Row, End_Row, etc.
are almost what I want, but despite only rendering a portion of the scene,
POV-Ray still seems to allocate a buffer for the entire output size, and it
saves a full-size image that is only rendered in part.  Is there any way to get
it to only allocate memory/save image to the restricted window size?

++automated rendering in chunks would be a really nice feature to have!

Thanks!
Andy