POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : breaking the law : Re: breaking the law Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:10:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: breaking the law
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 22 Dec 2011 23:55:01
Message: <web.4ef4087b43e9bbdd69b718740@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi:
> I've been looking at old posts before asking this question and understand me,
> I'm not requiring techniques on how to create effects of portal or wormholes.
> Surely someone shows me how to apply image maps to an object.
>
> Pov-ray is an excellent program recreating lighting, shading and perspective,
> "mimicking" real life and in rare cases we can circumvent the laws of this
> simulated physics (with no_shadow or point_of_light with negative light). I am
> not a mathematician and not a programming guy, so there goes my innocent
> question:
>
> Is it possible to somehow change the pov-ray code to circumvent the continuity
> of space as shown in this video from youtube?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqyDR6MmeM
>
> pd. I know, the effect of the video is made with alpha masks and layer rendering
> using render nodes in Blender that I have no idea what they mean, anyway thanks
> for your comments.
>

> Regards B. Gimeno
>
> Pd: "Do you think that's air you're breathing?"
>
> pd2: The Cake is a lie
>
> pd2: pardon for my autamatically translated english

The obvious way to me would be to render the animations in the required aspect
ratios, and then do the meta-object animation with the frames of the
sub-animations image-mapped on a frame-by-frame basis.  The difficult part of
this operation would be matching frame-rates while preserving separate
time-frames in each portal.

The hard way -- and by hard, I mean insane, and maybe impossible -- would be to
reimplement povray in povray, and render each animation as part of the
meta-reference-frame.

Personally, I'd go with the first method.

Regards,

A.D.B.

p.s. The Cake is a Pie