POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray speed increases : Re: Povray speed increases Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray speed increases
From: jhu
Date: 16 Dec 2011 20:20:01
Message: <web.4eebedac7590f22cd19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
> jhu wrote:
>
> > with compiler options (and possibly installing a new OS)! All on an AMD Phenom
> > II x6 1090T @ stock (3.2 GHz). Still plan on installing FreeBSD on this computer
> > eventually just for Povray speed improvements...
>
> Interesting. Still, I hope you enjoy playing with OS installs and
> compiler options as a fun activity in itself, because you probably have
> to render a lot of images to regain the time spent on twiddling ;)
>
> Also I wonder how the times would compare to prebuilt windows
> binaries on the same machine.

I'm somewhat in the middle of installing various OSes and trying to build povray
3.7 with them. I have FreeBSD figured out; now to see if the other *BSDs are
similar in this respect. Come to think of it, I should just use virtual machines
for these things.

Also I probably would have wasted the time surfing the internet anyway. Damn you
ADHD!!!