POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pentafoil Molecule : Re: Pentafoil Molecule Server Time
7 May 2024 14:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pentafoil Molecule
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 11 Nov 2011 17:15:00
Message: <web.4ebd9d61efed49b494d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> On 11-11-2011 5:39, nemesis wrote:
> >
> > Congrats, dude.  A very fine illustration for the new molecule.
>
> Yes, congrats too! Excellent image. Apity it dod not make to the cover.
> Stupid editors ;-)
>

> > Hah, we can always be amused to know the atom is reflecting a kitchen HDR
> > probe... :)
>
> LOL. Indeed! Indeed! Micro- and macroworld coming together. And all
> these scientists commenting the image will be totally unaware of it.
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas! The irony of the cover image is that the magazine's art
guidelines specifically emphasize, several times, to keep the image concise and
simple, and so I did (even though that goes against my general aesthetic, as
you're well aware). I was informed last week that the image was "too simple" and
they wanted something "more interesting." Oh well...

www.McGregorFineArt.com